A fabulous opportunity to acquire a modern, 3 bedroom end terrace property in turnkey condition. Situated in the middle of the sought-after historic market town of Lauder. The property offers well-proportioned, spacious family accommodation as well as an outbuilding that has recently been granted planning permission to form an extension to the property on the ground floor. 27 West High Street is located just 6 miles from Stow Railway Station and a 40-minute drive from Edinburgh City Central making it an ideal property for the commuter.
Ground floor: Entrance porch, hallway, sitting room, kitchen/ dining room.
First floor: Landing, principal bedroom, two further bedrooms, family bathroom.
Outside: Outbuilding with planning permission, garden.
Distances - Edinburgh 27 miles Melrose 10 miles Borders Railway Terminus (Stow) 6 miles
(All distances are approximate)
27 West High street is situated in the heart of the historic town of Lauder. Lauder offers all the facilities expected of a thriving small town including a Co-operative supermarket, a grocery store, a popular art gallery and coffee shop, a delicatessen, two hotels, a well subscribed kirk, a post office and a number of independent retailers contributing to the strong sense of local community. Both the primary school and the health centre have been rebuilt in recent years. Lauder lies in the catchment area for the highly regarded Earlston High School (7 miles), which enjoys a splendid new campus and consistently scores well in national league tables. In the private sector, St Mary’s School in Melrose (10 miles) includes kindergarten, pre-prep and prep classes. Being both close to the Lammermuir Hills and at the start of the Southern Upland Way, Lauder is able to take advantage of all the outdoor opportunities nearby including walking and riding, the latter either informally or with the Lauderdale Hunt. Field sports and fishing on the Leader and the Tweed are also all readily on hand. It is possible to commute to Edinburgh by car (40-minutes) and by bus, making this property well positioned for those looking for a more peaceful way of life while still being commutable to the city. The Borders Railway Terminus in Stow just a 6-mile drive away also provides a direct rail link into Edinburgh.
27 West High Street offers bright and spacious accommodation over two floors. Access is given through the front door, steps down lead into a large porch with ample space for coats and boots. Off the porch is a hallway leading to the cosy sitting room through a bright glass door giving an open and spacious feel. The sitting room features a wood burning stove and dual aspect windows. Back through the hallway takes you into the spacious, open plan kitchen/ dining room fitted with wall and base units, and integral appliances, this room is perfect for relaxing or entertaining guests. The kitchen is completed by large tri folding doors, flooding the room with natural light and providing access to the garden. Taking the staircase with modern glass balustrades from the hallway to the first floor there are three well-proportioned double bedrooms, one of which has useful built-in storage. Completing the accommodation on this floor is a large family bathroom. The generous loft space accessed from the landing could offer further potential for development.
The beautifully kept rear garden comprises a decking area, large chicken run, planters, a wooden shed and lawn. Also accessed through the garden is a spacious outbuilding, which is connected to the sitting room, and now has planning permission for conversion.
Found on the Scottish Borders Planning Portal with planning reference number 20/01484/FUL
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD2 6TF.
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets and blinds are included with the sale along with the dishwasher and integral appliances
Listing and Conservation
Please be aware, 27 West High Street is in a conservation area however it is not a listed building.
Mains electricity, water and drainage. Gas Central heating.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Band - D
Scottish Borders Council - Telephone: 01835 824 000.
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Borders LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Borders LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Borders LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn