East Bridgelands offers an extremely rare opportunity to purchase an attractive 4/5 bed detached period property, along with a range of outbuildings and around 5 acres of land. Situated in a quiet but accessible rural location in the rolling border hills, close to the popular town of Selkirk, this property will appeal to a number of purchasers, early viewing is strongly recommended.
East Bridgelands Comprises:
Ground Floor: Kitchen, Utility, Living Room, Dining room, Office/bedroom, WC, Conservatory.
First Floor: Principle bedroom, further three double bedrooms, Shower room, Family bathroom.
Garden Grounds: Garden, Pasture Land, Outbuildings, Barns, Workshops, Stable, Car Port.
Selkirk 2.1 Miles, Galashiels 5.4 Miles, Tweedbank 4.1 Miles, Edinburgh 41 Miles
East Bridgelands is located a short drive from the centre of the historic market town of Selkirk. The Royal and Ancient Burgh of Selkirk is located in the Central Borders, beautifully situated on the banks of the Ettrick Water. The town boasts excellent leisure facilities which includes a nine-hole golf course, tennis courts, swimming pool and fitness centre as well as rugby, football and cricket clubs. There is a good range of local amenities, with several hotels, pubs, independent coffee shops, butchers, bakers and a monthly farmers market, the thriving town of Galashiels offers a wider range of amenities just 6 miles away. Local tourist attractions include Bowhill House and Country Park, Halliwell’s House, Haining House, and nearby St. Mary’s Loch. For the sporting enthusiast there are variety of outdoor pursuits in the area including fishing on the River Tweed, golf, hill walking, horse riding, mountain biking in Tweed Valley and a selection of field sports. Local schooling is excellent with three primary schools and secondary schooling at Selkirk High. The well-known St Mary’s Preparatory School is situated in the nearby town of Melrose, which was recently voted the best place to live in Scotland. Selkirk is centrally located providing easy access to Edinburgh and the North of England via the A7 which runs through Selkirk. Tweedbank (6 miles) has a station on the Borders Railway, offering a journey time to central Edinburgh of around 55 minutes. All major Border towns are within easy driving distance or by excellent bus service.
East Bridgelands is situated on Bridgelands Road on the outskirts of the popular town of Selkirk. East Bridgelands is a handsome, stone-built property in a picturesque setting. Through the front door is a large welcoming hallway giving direct access to the office, dining room and WC. The office has exciting potential to become a further 5th double bedroom with views to the front garden and benefits from an Edinburgh press cupboard. The spacious dining room has beautiful natural light from the windows at the rear of the property and is perfect for hosting. Off the dining room leads into the Sitting room featuring a working stone fireplace and large sliding sash windows. There are two doors out to the beautiful Victorian style conservatory between both the sitting and dining room. Out of the main sitting room door leads you down a hallway with access to the Utility room and Kitchen. The Utility room is equipped with wall and base units, a sink, the boiler and space for white goods. The bright kitchen/breakfast room has fitted units on both the left and right side providing excellent storage, electric hob, double oven, room for a table and lovely views onto the garden through beautiful French doors.
Up the stairs are the principle bedroom and three further large double bedrooms benefiting from built in cupboards and separated by a sizable landing area featuring a stunning Velux skylight. Also off the landing is the shower room and generous family bathroom.
Externally, the large garden surrounds East Bridgelands from East to West providing excellent sunlight through the day. The grounds extend to around 5 acres, comprising of pastureland, garden grounds, colourful beds and mature trees and shrubs. There are serviced barn/workshops, a stone outbuilding with potential to convert into secondary accommodation to create a holiday let, large stable, car port, Polly tunnel and yard area with ample parking.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD7 4PT.
(Please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
Fitted carpets to be included. All other fixtures and fittings can be discussed through separate negotiation.
Listing and Conservation
Please be aware, East Bridgelands is not listed, nor is it in a conservation area.
Oil fired central heating.
Mains Water and Electricity
Energy Efficiency Rating
Scottish Borders Council - Telephone: 01835 824 000.
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Borders LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Borders LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Borders LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.